On December 12, 2016, the Port of Cleveland's Board of Directors approved a resolution adopting an Updated Strategic Plan for 2017-2022.
The Executive Summary and the Local and Regional Impacts of the Cleveland Harbor Final Report can be viewed by clicking the links provided.
Mission, Vision & Core Values
The Port fosters job creation and economic vitality in Greater Cleveland. Our maritime services and assets add value and result in a competitive advantage for regional firms competing globally. The Port also tackles challenges tied directly to jobs, quality of place, and environmental sustainability through innovative development financing services and selective public investments in critical harbor projects.
The Port of Cleveland will be known as the premier port of the Great Lakes: highly effective, efficient, innovative, and trusted in delivering its mission of spurring economic vitality and job creation for Cleveland and Cuyahoga County.
The Port of Cleveland strives to combine the best of business: An entrepreneurial mindset that is inspired by market opportunities and thoughtfully responsive to market demands; with the best of government: a public servant that safeguards public assets and operates with full transparency and accountability. We take our values to heart and live them every day.
- INTEGRITY & HONESTY: The highest standards
- ACTION: Generate and retain good jobs for our region's workforce
- CUSTOMER FOCUSED APPROACH: Responsive, fast moving, and entrepreneurial
- FISCAL DISCIPLINE: responsible management of public assets
- INCLUSIVE PRACTICES: reflect our diverse community
- STEWARDSHIP: improve the waterfront environment today and leave a legacy for tomorrow
- COLLABORATIONS: high-performing team and effective partnerships with a broad range of businesses and organizations in the region